The most commonly offered type of massage. It is ideal for overall relaxation and health maintenance. This popular style of massage combines long, gliding strokes, kneading of individual muscles, and friction techniques. It uses a firm, but gentle pressure to help improve circulation, revitalize stagnant energy, ease muscle aches and tension, improve flexibility, and facilitates relaxation.
Designed to access the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue placing emphasis on stretching short muscles. These techniques are generally designed for more focused massage work by slowly sinking through superficial layers of tissue. Clients are often asked to actively engage in the process by slowly moving to positions that help stretch muscles and joints to facilitate a slow, ease in release of tension. As a result, this helps decrease pain in the body.
Heated stones are placed at specific sites on the client's body to promote relaxation. Muscles are pretreated with the heated stones to allow the therapist to more easily perform deep tissue manipulations. Massage oils are usually incorporated into the massage treatment.
• Relieves stress and promotes an overall feeling of relaxation
• Alleviates pain and tension, and helps you manage pain better
• Decreases inflammation
• Promotes speedy recovery from injuries
• Increases mobility, provides more joint flexibility
• Improves circulation
• Improves and strengthens immune system
• Relieves musculoskeletal problems and improves posture
• Reduces anxiety and promotes an overall feeling of well-being
• Increases body awareness